|We at Eagle Butte Ranch, raise Maine-Anjou cattle, a French breed,
prized for their lean meat. They are raised locally on the ranch in
Paonia, and our property in Aspen, Colorado, the T-Lazy Seven Ranch.
Both properties are located at high altitude and their pasture and hay is
grown naturally, free from any chemical insecticides. We use compost
as fertilizer in order to achieve healthy plants that are high in
The animals are purely grass-fed, never fed grain, and are never given hormones or
antibiotics. It is important, we believe, to raise our animals in a
low-stress environment for their health, and eventually ours.
Why Grass-fed beef?
- Grass-fed beef contains two to six times more heart-healthy Omega-3
Fatty Acids and Conjugated Linoleic Acid, or CLA, than grain-fed beef.
- There is a direct link between the diet of livestock and the
nutritional content of their products.
- Our bodies are superbly adapted to this kind of food.
- The most important difference is TASTE! Our beef has more flavor
than typical store-bought meat.
What are the benefits of Omega-3's and Conjugated
Linoleic Acid (CLA)?
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3's are fats that have been shown to lower high blood pressure,
decrease heart attacks by up to 50%, and reduce depression, schizophrenia,
ADD, and Alzheimer's. They may also help lessen the risk of cancer.
Conjugated Linoleic Acid, or CLA
This oil may be one of our most potent defenses against cancer.
In studies, there is evidence that CLA may reduce cancer risk in
humans. In a Finnish study, women who had the highest levels of CLA
in their diet had a sixty percent lower risk of breast cancer than those
with the lowest levels. Meat and dairy products from grass-fed
animals are the richest known source of CLA.
Why is grass-fed beef higher in Omega 3's than
feedlot, grain fed beef?
All Omega-3's originate in the green leaves of plants and algae.
Grazing animals have more Omega-3's because they get them directly from the
grass. These are passed on to the humans, the top of the food
Visit Jo Robinson's eatwild.com for more information on the
benefits of eating grass-fed meat.
What do we sell?
We have our USDA approval for
packaging and labeling and are offering the following products for sale:
Lean Ground Beef
- Premium Ground Beef made from the steaks and roasts
of our cows.
- Very lean-approximately 90% to 98% lean
- Available in convenient frozen one-pound packages.
- The finest of all cuts! Premium Filet Mignon.
- Exceptionally tender meat offered frozen in small or
- Check for availability.
Many other cuts
- Steaks, roasts, etc.
- Steaks are Vacuum packed and other cuts are white
butcher paper wrapped for durability in the freezer.
- Call for availability and pricing of individual cuts.